- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles –
J.D., cum laude, 2011
- University of California, Santa Barbara – B.A., Sociology, 2004
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2023 Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Attorneys
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014–2021)
- ACLU Community Service Pro Bono Award (2013)
- California State Bar
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
Arash Sadat is an accomplished litigator with over a decade of experience. After graduating Loyola Law School cum laude in 2011, Arash worked as an associate at the global law firm White & Case LLP, where he represented clients in complex civil litigation and white collar matters throughout the country and abroad. Thereafter, he worked at Brown White & Osborn LLP, one of Southern California’s premiere criminal and civil litigation boutique law firms. He founded Sadat Law Group in 2017 and founded MSD LLP in 2021 with his partners, Brie Mills and Camron Dowlatshahi.
Arash has substantial experience litigating contract and real estate disputes, unfair competition lawsuits, federal asset forfeiture matters, employment and personal injury disputes, and matters implicating LGBTQIA+ rights. Since founding MSD LLP, Arash has represented high profile clients including the Government of Japan and Target Corporation and serves as outside general counsel for numerous California businesses. A representative sample of matters can be found below.
Arash also maintains an active pro bono practice. He has served as a volunteer at the Santa Monica Domestic Violence Clinic and as project associate for the Citizens’ Commission on Jail Violence, which issued a report to Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on how to curb excessive use of force in Los Angeles County jails. Today, he serves as board member and general counsel for Santa Monica Youth Orchestra, a 501(c)(3) organization which provides tuition-free and low-cost music education.
Business and Real Estate Litigation
- Represented cannabis cultivator from inception of action through trial and obtained recovery in excess of $800,000 against its landlord.
- Represented limited liability company in arbitration against its real estate broker for nondisclosure, obtaining award in excess of $1 million after trial.
Represented limited liability company in business dispute arising out of a home remodel project, obtaining a complete defense award after trial, award of damages, fees, and costs in excess of $1 million on client’s counterclaims.
Represented professional basketball franchise in connection with $1 billion Chapter 11 confirmation hearing.
- Represented high-profile foreign national in lawsuit to recover $2.5 million in funds obtained through fraud.
Tort and Personal Injury Litigation
- Represented homeowners in dispute with mobile home park, culminating in jury award of $8.9 million, including over $7 million in punitive damages.
- Recovered $1.9 million on behalf of clients in confidential settlement.
- Represented e-cigarette wholesalers and retailers in multiple products liability actions alleging injuries caused by lithium-ion battery explosions.
- Represented plaintiffs in automobile accident cases resulting in substantial damages.
- Represented employees in sexual harassment actions against global transportation companies.
- Represented employees in representative PAGA action against retail merchandising service provider alleging misclassification of supervisors.
- Represented employee in gender-based discrimination action against technology company.
- Represented employee in disability discrimination action against construction company.
- Represented employee in race-based harassment action against national retailer.
Represented multinational baby food manufacturer in putative class action alleging violations FDA labeling regulations, defeating class certification, and obtaining summary judgment.
Represented multinational pet food and chocolate manufacturers in putative class actions alleging failure to disclose use of forced labor in upstream supply chains, obtaining dismissal on the pleadings.
Represented national retailer in lawsuit alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition Law and False Advertising Law, obtaining favorable settlement.
Represented national fitness club in putative class actions brought by club members alleging unfair and deceptive business practices, obtaining dismissal on the pleadings.
Represented Mexican company and its shareholders in federal civil forfeiture action based on alleged bribery of employees of a government-owned Mexican utility company in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and federal money laundering statutes.
Represented whistleblower in federal action against six Medicare-certified home health agencies in alleging violations of federal False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute.
Represented business in federal asset forfeiture matter before US Customs and Border Protection, obtaining return of all funds seized.
Represented companies in connection with government investigations into alleged trade violations and unfair business practices.